Unusual red grape originally from Northern Italy, it shows full fruit with lots of tannins making new wine drinkers love it and wine connoisseurs swoon. Dynamic.
Suggested Aromas: Ripe dark berry, baking herbs & sweet spices, full fruit palate with supple acidity & firm tannins.
FOOD PAIRING: Try with blue cheese, dishes with smoked bacon or a fig reduction sauce over red meat.
Refosco Blue Cheese n' Cherry Salad
(ready in 15 mins)
• 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed field greens
• 1/2 cup sliced red onion (optional)
• 1/2 cup dried sweetened cherries
• 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
• 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
• 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
• 2 Tbsp Vivác Refosco wine
1. Place the salad greens in a large bowl. Add the red onion, cherries, pecans, and blue cheese, and toss to mix evenly.
2. To make the dressing, place the oil, vinegar, wine, and raspberry jam in a blender, and blend till smooth. Pour over salad mixture, and toss to coat greens evenly. Serve immediately.
Serve with: Vivác Refosco